Payment & Refund Policies
All transactions will be completed in Canadian Dollars.
Skate Canada Fee - Any skater who is not currently a Skate Canada member will be required to pay an additional $32.70 - this fee is valid for the 2015/2016 season and is only paid once per skater. Therefore, this fee is paid the first time registering for a program within the skating season (September 2015 - August 2016).
Test Fees - Test fees are not included in your ice fees. Test Fees are for those skaters participating in the StarSkate and CompetitiveSkate programs.
NSF Cheques will be charged a $25.00 administration fee.
Coaching Fees - Coaching fees are included in Intro to Canskate, Canskate, and Canpowerskate registration fees. Coaching fees are in addition to Registration Fees for Starskate and Competitiveskate.
Volunteer Fee - each member is required to pay a $30 Volunteer fee at the time of registering. Volunteer fees will be reimbursed in March 2016 if the required volunteer hours are satisfied (please see Volunteer and Fundraising tab on Home Page for specifics).
Fundraising Fee - Starskate and Competitive Skate will be required to pay a Fundraising Fee. A post-dated cheque (dated March 31, 2016) is required at time of registration. There will be fundraising opportunities throughout the year in order to contribute to that fee (please see Volunteer and Fundraising tab on the Home Page for specifics).
All programs are eligible for a full refund up to the program start date listed for each program registration. Please contact the club office to process your refund. No refunds after the start date for the program.
1. Refunds shall be considered for injuries or medical conditions lasting longer than seven (7) days.
2. If illness/injury occurs, please contact the club registrar IMMEDIATELY.
3. A medical certificate signed by a physician must accompany requests for refunds within 7 business days of the injury or medical condition.
4. Refunds will be effective 7 days after Skate Brandon receives a written request for a refund and the proper medical documentation.
5. No refunds will be granted for partial days or partial weeks skated.
6. The refund will be calculated based on total fees payable including fundraising.A $25.00 administration fee will be levied.
7. No refunds will be issued for the last 15 business days of winter school. No refunds will be issued for the last 5 skating days, based on the skater’s schedule,of summer, spring and fall schools.
8. Skaters who have completed their gold skills/dance prior to the end of the season will be refunded money if they are at the maximum freeskates, or be given credit towards more freeskates. This will apply to the winter session only.
9. Skate Brandon reserves the right to identify special circumstances. All decisions of the board with respect to special circumstances will be final and may not be considered a precedent.
SkateBrandon reserves the right to change or cancel any program for which there is insufficient paid registration. In the event of any program change or cancellation, the registrants will be offered a full or pro-rated refund, as appropriate.